I went out early this morning to collect branches before first light. I wanted to catch the kitchen before full daylight for my tests. Well it took forever to wire up my branches to make the *shade* thingy, and by then it was full albeit murky, daylight. I tried covering the windows for a few experiments, and worked out that I needed smaller branches further from the light source.
This was the first set up of the day:
Looks like nothing eh? But it is about 6 foot tall and those branches would not stay up… lots of cursing, it’s really a two man job. Still one woman sufficed. I couldn’t get an image of the shadows in the workshop but you are not missing much. The workshop it too big and the roof too high.
Of course Pookie thought it was all for him..
My next experiment involved smaller twigs, polystyrene and a larger space between the bulb and the twigs. I did it in the kitchen as I was able to make it darker. I only used a few twigs just to see if it would work, after all the hours spent wiring the large branches together!
I was so happy to see them, this bulb rocks those twigs!
Look at this gnarly bugger…
I am happy now…. I didn’t sleep hardly last night for worrying about it, even though I was dog tired. Then I got up long before dawn to get the branches sorted. It is all about experiment after experiment to find out what works. Once I have it set up I can refine things and decide if I want to add a turntable or not. At the moment I am thinking we don’t need it but I will see.
I now have a boot full of the gnarliest twigs I could find ready to take in and play on Thursday. Now back to my seminar research…