So here are Jemarve and Staju, proudly modelling their new shirts :)
Today was great… Cheri and I managed to print eight T-Shirts almost perfectly. I was playing around with colours, just like a pro, in no time at all. We had quite a production line going. My first experimental print was a shirt for Cheri, it looks great, and so very Ms Luck :)
Then I did some for the boys, Russ and myself. I am feeling quite accomplished this afternoon :) I love playing in the workshop!
Staju sent us this design for consideration:
I like it because it is a bit cleaner looking and less cluttered than the first design, but I don’t like the grey splodges on Russ’s skin. Also I think the fonts and their treatment look too psychedelic. Other group members prefer the look of the first design as they feel the workshop adds a Kiwi flavour. I will work on this in Photoshop because I do like this photo.
This post is to introduce another group project that I am working on. For this we have to curate an exhibition from scratch. This means finding sponsors, finding an artist, arranging promotion and advertising, exhibition events, producing a catalogue, designing and making invites etc.
Well, we have our artist and our title. We have a date and an opening event planned. Our group, which we call Curate & Resonate, pretty much rock. This morning I designed a T-Shirt. I thought of this idea yesterday, as extra promotion… walking posters :)
Our exhibition is a narration of our artists life. The exhibition will tell his story and celebrate his artwork, his passions and his music.
Here is a taster, with the T Shirt design. I like the comic book effect, as it fits with our theme, which begins with the artist as a lad. I am awaiting approval, but it could be a poster too. I think it would look great blown up huge. I may even attempt that, as I am into blowing stuff up right now. Shame my flipping printer toner replacement hasn’t arrived yet, I could do it today. Anyway hopefully we can screen print the T-Shirts at college next week!